Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Potions Homework - Part 3

Now it's time for the third part of my potions homework ... concocting something. What fun!

This was created today. However, it was NOT as flavorful as I had thought it would be and if I had to do it again, I'd do something completely different. But, it was cold, and if you needed something cold on a hot day, this would be it. Probably would be very good on coffee ... to bring down the temp.
I started out with about 3/4 cup milk, and added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. To that I added 3-4 drops of peppermint extract. (In the future, I would add more ... the aroma was there when it went in, but the flavor was nil.) I also added peppermint vanilla chips. Also, not enough vanilla. To this I also added about half a waffle cone.
I churned it all up in the blender
, which took some doing, as I'm not sure what stuck in the blades, the waffle cone pieces or the chips.
Then served it in a pretty glass, garnished with a few more peppermint vanilla chips.

As for flavor, I thought it was bland. I needed more mint. I would have liked to have been a bit more creative, perhaps more on the healthier side of things. My first thought was homemade hot cocoa ... which we have. But, we were out of the ingredients. So, my mind must have been on unhealthy chocolate things.

My mind also went to Bailey's Cream, which I haven't had in YEARS, and therefore explains the reason we do not have any in the house! In years, I mean late 1980s ... before I was ever married! That would have made me feel all warm and cozy inside!

Now the question comes to mind, WHY did I concoct something cold, when I have had problems all day with not being warm? I have been cold since the moment I woke up this morning and still have cold hands/fingers, and chills. Brrr ... I need something hot!

Well, this is all my homework! Yea! I made it through all three parts!




1 comment:

  1. Even it it was bland, it sure LOOKS tasty! And potions can be a tricky subject; mistakes are all too common, and you can ammend it next go around!

    ReplyDelete