Friday, May 21, 2010

Busy Muggle Week

I have to blog about my little witch and wizards. They so totally amaze me. We have the privilege of being able to be a part of a homeschool band. My oldest is in jazz band and concert band. My 2nd also is in concert band, and my younger two were in intermediate band this year. My daughter, the youngest, was also in intermediate, but, essentially, this was her first year in band. I had taught her the year prior so she could start at intermediate instead of beginner. She was on the cusp of the two bands and just picked it up so well this past year.

They performed admirably and beautifully! Our daughter volunteered for a solo, too! She just wowed us. She was the youngest performer.

I am going to try to post one of the mass band pieces here later. I'm not sure if I can, but I will try. The piece was called "Spania" and it combined the advanced (concert) band with the merged intermediate/beginner band. (Their director merged the two this year because everyone was doing so well.)

Our oldest son plays trumpet, 2nd son is a percussionist, 3rd son plays French horn, and daughter plays flute. I also had the opportunity to play with them this year and migrated between percussion and flute section.

We had SO much fun. It's a bit sad it's over. But I'm thankful in the break in our weekly schedule now.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so awesome!!! I'm a band geek myself (a semester of trombone in 8th grade, flute second semester of 8th grade, then 4 years of concert band, marching band, and pep band in high school as a floutist and my senior year I got to play piccolo!), so I can only imagine! :D Hope you get to share a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete