Monday, October 26, 2009

Tracking Miss Winnie

Well, Miss Wartbobble is certainly getting her flying in, isn't she? First one continent, and then another! She has flown back across the ocean and is now writing to us about talking with ghosts, well, one in particular, Cyprian Youdle. But, I am wondering if she has made an error in her writings. In my research about Mr. Youdle, I found he perished during a friendly game of Quidditch in 1357, not 1857, as noted here http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Cyprian_Youdle . Mr. Youdle was born in 1312, so if he died as she said in 1857, I either have the wrong Youdle, or he died VERY old, or there is an error in the missive, as pondered above earlier.

Again, Miss Wartbobble has purposefully made some distinct letters stand out in her missive, DNT. I'm not sure as to their reference yet, but am wondering if I need to start putting these letters together to see if they will eventually spell out something? Hmmmm ...

But, I digress, as I need to state where she is located.

Now, in my research about the unfortunate Youdle, I found he was from Norfolk. As I have no way of getting to Norfolk to check it out, I'm pretty sure she's referring to the Norfolk in Great Britain, and not Norfolk, Virginia! Either way, both are tremendously far from where I am located, and I'm not able to visit them at this time.

Conversely, I checked on the Appleby Arrows, and they were formed in 1612 ... almost 300 years from the unfortunate death of Mr. Youdle.

Now, I ask you ... is there more than one Youdle?

Will have to continue reading between the lines before I come up with my official locational answer.


***** Later in the week ****
Okay, so earlier in the week I began this blog entry, and today I shall add to it my thoughts as to the whereabouts of Miss Wartbobble.

I'm still a wee bit confundled as to her exact location, but I'm going to take on the Appleby Arrows hint and suggest perhaps she has been resting in Appleby Village (in Lincolnshire), occupied by little more than 500 residents with 177 homes. Sadly, there are no shops or public houses here. http://www.appleby-lincolnshire.co.uk/aboutappleby.html However, I think, if she has a bit of free time on her hands, she may like to take a peek at St. Bartholomew's Church, with it's carved gargoyles and dragons. At least, I would. Makes me want to take a bit of a trip myself and see what I presume is a picturesque and charming little village.

More specifically, I can't state her EXACT location with Youdle, because all research I've done concerning the location of the game he was refereeing has become invisible. It just mentions the year and the match, no location.

So, that's what I say. She's been in Appleby Village. I can't get more specific than that!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ambyr - just flying by to say hi and see you on the quidditch pitch some time :)

    ReplyDelete