Friday, November 6, 2009

Winnie's World Wanderings

It seems Miss Wartbobble is doing to Central America to celebrate the Day of the Dead ... more specifically, she would be in Mexico for that.

First she visited the capital city of Mexico City, located on dried up Lake Texacoco (or Texcoco depending on which reference you read!).

As for where she landed next, I'm not quite sure. I originally thought perhaps she was in Ocean City, Oregon, but then remembered "northeastern" so I then I thought Ocean City, Maryland. THEN I remembered the first part of her missive said she was heading south, to THAT leaves out North America, so I think I shall have to investigate kite flying in South America.

In that case, she probably went to Chile. I can't be more specific than that, but they celebrate with kites on Independence Day there, which is mid-September, so maybe they are still flying kites in November? Perhaps it's Brazil? They seem to do quite a bit of kite-surfing on the northeastern coast of Brazil!

Lastly she visited another northeastern coastal city, which I haven't yet been able to figure out. Pink library? Multicultural Carnival? I'm thinking Brazilian Carnaval in Brazil. Did you stay at the Pink House in Brazil, Winnie? It didn't say it was a library, but it was listed as an alternative place to stay instead of a hotel!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ambyr - your quite the brain when it comes to solving these cryptic messages ;) - ok have a great weekend & chat to you soon - maisy xx

    ReplyDelete