Monday, September 13, 2010

HSKS 12 - Week 1 - Getting To Know You

Someone already stole (I mean, USED) my idea of singing the song. So, imagine you're in Ceylon, in the palace, surrounded by LOTS of kids, and you're their new teacher and you are trying to get to know all of them, and they you! (ha-ha!)

At any rate. First I'll list my info (just in case you need to find it quickly), and then I'll post my assignment.

Favorite Color(s): Lavenders, rust tones (colors that remind you of autumn) ... new favorites are sunny/cheerful yellow, rust, and olives. I do not care for black or orange and I don't look very good in red. But, youngest son LOVES red.

Favorite Flavors: Not sure how to answer this one. I mean depends on what I'm eating, I guess. I like cheddar cheese, cucumber sandwiches w/ cream cheese, apple pie, fresh homemade bread, meatless lasagna, homemade raspberry jam, homemade hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies, decaf creme de menthe latte, mint chocolate chip ice cream ...

Favorite Scents: Roses, fresh homemade apple pie and bread, fresh mowed grass, gingerbread cookies fresh out of the oven, the smell of autumn, evergreen trees, fresh clean crisp air (like winter or spring or fall).

Favorite Season: That's easy ... AUTUMN! Sweater weather!

Favorite Holiday: Christmas (I love the decorations and the baking ... GINGERBREAD! YUM!) Just wish it would snow like when I was a kid :) (I like little red cardinals in the snow ... aren't they the cutest? I don't see them where I live now, but we did when I was little in upstate NY!)

Favorite Fiber: I don't know this one yet. I suppose we have to be specific? Yarn?

Favorite Pattern: Umm, I don't know as I have one of these, either. It's always the one I'm working on, I guess.

Favorite Designer (s): I had to make that plural! I love our Ann Kingstone, and I also like Sheila Joynes designs as well. I also really like Cat Bordhi's socks.

Favorite Needles: Well, at first I did not like bamboo or wooden needles. I'm liking them more and more as time goes on. I think the multi-colored ones are beautiful.

Something about myself no one knows: Um, I don't know what to put here, either. I love to dance and have no outlet to do it. I want to tap dance, but have no class available. I would love to do musical theatre, too. I think ballroom would be fun. I'm jealous of my kids' opportunities.

Wizarding Families Assignment:
1. Someone with the same craft as you: Wychwoodlady's (Lizzy Wychwood) baby beret

2. Someone who was born the same month (January) as you: Starsplash (we're the only 2 in January!)

3. Someone from a different country (I'm in the USA): kristo (Cassandra Grubbly-Plank) is from British Columbia, Canada.

4. A new HSKS Family Member (I'm not new, I've been around a couple swaps): Cayden (Caradoc Brocklehurst in the UK) and Nicky Lovely (ynkchck2).

5. Someone who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps (this makes 5 for me!): MissLucy (Fleur Sweeting) ... this is her 9th!

6. Someone who has a bigger stash than you (just about everyone!): smileynetta (Hermione) with 75.

7. Someone who both knits and crochets (I do both, too!): foxyfiberchick (Emma Diggory) does both.

8. Someone who has the same favorite color as you (see above listing for mine): staroftwilight (Morgianna Defeufaucon) autumn colors!

9. Someone who has the same favorite season/holiday as you (mine are Autumn and Christmas): angel101580 (Winifred) loves Christmas!

10. Someone who has the same favorite fiber as you (I don't have one yet ... yarn?): knottieknitter (Lavender Diggory) and I both love soft squishy yarn! (Woo-hoo! Leave it to my spoilee to come to my rescue!)

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you listed (on the side bar) that you like soft and squishy yarn, so we have the same answer for that! So feel free to use my name if you need to fill in #10! By the way, you have great taste in food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and squishy sock yarn is my favorite too! I don't care what it's made of, I just want it to feel good :-)
    ~Schmutzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season, too. To me it feels like new beginnings so much more than New Years Day does. And I love it when the air is cool and crisp.

    ReplyDelete