Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HSKS 12 Begins!!

Horcrux - horcruxes - horcruxs ... hmmm ... not an easy word to pluralize!

At any rate, Houses of Horcrux seems to be our theme this next round and it's very exciting.

The kit choices center around the horcruxes Voldemort made and the hardest part is picking which horcrux to be the center of your kit.

The choices this time were:
Harry Potter - anything relating to Harry (wand, glasses, Gryffindor, a mother's love, lightning bolt scar, even a pair of Gillyweed socks). Personally, I LOVE the idea of the Gillyweed Socks! (hint!)

Nagini - anything snake or animal related (I knew Gryphon would jump on this one right away!)

Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem - things to go around or on your head. Well, as I look simply horrible in hats, this is NOT one of the ones I chose. I'm just not a hat person. I like making them for others, but my hair is just too bushy and I just look plain stupid.

Salazar Slytherin's Locket - things that go around your neck. This one was one I was interested in, but I didn't chose. Necklaces, things that frame. Good ideas, but I felt I had a closer affinity to a couple others instead.

Helga Hufflepuff's Cup - containers to hold things. Now this is up my alley! I love bowls and things that contain things, lending themselves to orderliness! I also love my hot mug of cocoa or tea (as I'm chilled most of the time). I'm thinking a yarn bowl (hint!) or felted bowl/container (love the acorn one on Ravelry - hint!), or even a big mug with a cozy to fit!

Tom Riddle's Diary - anything related to books, journals, or diary. I love books, I love empty books, but I have them. So, I steered clear of this one. I wish I had an iPad or similar device to download JKR's or Gabaldon's marvelous books. Then I'd need a cozy for it. But, I don't, so again, not a theme I chose. However, Gryphon latched onto this one, and I'm glad he did. He's writing a book, and I think this is a marvelous way to encourage him.

Marvolo Gaunt's Ring - anything circular. Well, that's open ended! I love the idea of a stitch marker/counter bracelet (hint!). I've seen many, but never held one, so not sure how they work or even how to go about making one. This could be an adventure. I'm thinking socks, here, too, as they are done in a circular motion. So bracelets and socks here for me!

Then there are the house choices! Wow! CelticMommy and Neila have certainly had the creative juices flowing! Personally, I hope to end up in Hermione's Heroic Brainiacs, but that will have to be left to the sorting hat. My second choice would be Harry's Horcrux Hunters, then Ron's Muddle-Headed Mates, and lastly, Draco's Pure Bloods and Dark Arts. But, like I said, it's up to the sorting hat! Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment