Friday, October 22, 2010

Super Secret Spoilee Surprize

I completed the test knit of the item I'm going to send to Lavender. Sadly, I'm still not allowed to show a photo or put it on my project page. I await the okay from the designer.

In the meantime I found out my poor son, Gryphon, has had to do a 180 change on his kit because the person he was spoiling is no longer a part of HSKS and he has a new spoilee. We've been working together to try and figure out what to do for Fuddles. It's really tough, because she has very little info on her Rav ID page! He did find out he can return the yarn he purchased, and we'll be making a trip to the other store to return all the other items he had already purchased for the previous kit. I'm very thankful he's able to return the items. It is an experience for this young man, as he's never had to purchase things, save receipts, and then return items before. Life lessons! The only item he can't return was the "treat" he'd purchased. He's decided to save it for himself, unless Fuddles likes seasonal holiday sweets!

To top off that hectic news from yesterday, my daughter decided to try and step over the baby gate on the stairs. It is not fixed to the wall, it's just propped there to keep DH's dog from going where she doesn't belong. At any rate, my daughter slipped, fell down the stairs, and crashed her ankle on the tile floor below. Of course, I wasn't home! By the time I got home I'd made the decision to take her to Urgent Care, because the doctor's office wouldn't see her. I was very disappointed with the medical care she received because the doctor, not once, sat down, looked at her ankle, or even touched it. She was x-rayed and then a fiberglass splint put on. She'll be splinted for about a week. We see her regular doctor next week. The doctor said she had an abnormality on her film, but wasn't sure if it was her normal ankle or if she had chipped it. This is important, because she's a dancer. So, we wait to see what the regular doctor says. Muggles! Go figure! Wish we could have taken her to Saint Mungo's!

And all the menfolk are off for the weekend to wallow in rain and cold on a camping trip. Yuck! Not me! I'd rather stay warm and dry. But, this is a scout activity and one needed for our youngest, who is a Webelos going for Boy Scout next February. Plus, the boys needs more camping for further advancement and badges. DH is going along because he's the Webelos II leader. Looks like it's just the girls this weekend. Although, I have to admit, it won't be too exciting. My daughter is getting her eyes examined and I'm afraid we'll be coming home with glasses for her. Poor thing.

And that is our week in review.

Back to knitting socks!

1 comment: