Saturday, August 21, 2010

Specky has arrived!

Specky arrived this afternoon with a parcel and he wedged himself through the window to deliver it! My youngest son helped retrieve the package and we have watered and fed Specky and he's resting now with Fle before heading back to Lizzie.

This is what I saw when I opened the kit and I knew right away it was game themed! Oh, MY what fun it was to individually unwrap each item. It was Christmas to me with excitement and oohs and aahhs from both myself and my son!

Here is what the kit contained. From back left corner, clockwise to front left corner: A Harry Potter tin with 6 dice and a small packet for playing Yahtzee (I really like playing by myself, even though it's not a solitaire game) and it was packaged perfectly for traveling!; pick up sticks; knitting sticks (so I decided I have pick up sticks to play AND pick up sticks to knit! lol); fabric rear view mirror dice; Harry Potter Diagon Alley game cards (I can't wait to play! I love these because they cannot be found here at all); jelly beans and hot chocolate; handmade dice stitch markers (SO cute!); purple No Tickle (hee-hee) wool (absolutely PERFECT for me in more ways than one ... color and no itch!) and thread to reinforce the heels and toes of future socks; a magnetic travel chess game; wooden solitaire game; and LAST, but CERTAINLY not least ... PASS THE PIGS! How cute are they???????!!!!! (I love this game!)

Close up of the very beautiful and soft yarn and stitch markers.

My son and I decided they needed to have names. I have lovingly named them Lizzie and Emma, the Pigworthy twins! I SO love these! Thank you, Lizzie, from the bottom of my heart!

3 comments:

  1. You got Pass The Pigs!!! I <3 that game so much. It is such a woderful game. Lizzie did a wonderful job completely making your game kit. I love everything!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. My oldest son (SirDancealot) came home tonight and saw it and he commented, "HEY! You got Pass the Pigs! They are so cool!" I have to agree! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, it got there! I'm so happy that you like your kit. And of course I love that you have named the piglets as Lizzie and Emma Pigworthy! I tested them, and they will achieve all the scoring positions provided they have been squished into shape before being thrown.

    ReplyDelete