Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scottish Shortbread and Kit Progress

This morning I made Scottish Shortbread. I love the smell it has left in our home. My sister made some for me for Christmas a year or so ago and I've really been wanting to make some since. I didn't have her recipe, so I used one I found in my Betty Crocker cookbook. I had to add a whole lot more butter to it and it still was very crumbly. I'm not totally sure how it's going to come out.

On a good note, I finished my handmade item for Emma Wigworthy (Ann Kingstone) yesterday and I'm very pleased with the final product. I was not, however, pleased with the pattern as the person who wrote it didn't do her math very well and I was short on materials and had to fudge it a bit. I did make corrections to my copy of the pattern, though, and want to try to make this again for someone else. It's a great idea, just needed some fine tuning.

I also want to make one more item for Emma's kit before sending it out. Need to do a bit of digging, first, though, to make sure I have the right house!

No comments:

Post a Comment