Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cruising the Lake today

Have socks, will travel! I finished a pair of socks and started another pair. While DH reacquaints himself with his youth (high school reunion), the house elves have played park tag and I sat and knitted. Love the portability of socks! I thought I was going to get both of the pair on needles, but I've just plugged along on the one and hit the heel this morning. We have a 6 hour trip ahead of us for home tomorrow, I'll have plenty of time to get the other pair on the needles ... unless I just work to finish the one up. Not sure what I'll do ... depends on my mood I guess.

Today we are taking a cruise of the lake ... something I've always wanted to do (but we've never spent the money on). (As it's part of the reunion package ... we get to do that today!) Debating if I want to bring the socks with me ... afterall, have socks, will travel! And they are portable! Wonder if we'll see anything interesting in the inky depths?

But, as summer winds down, and the thunderstorms roll and roil overhead, and the last vestiges of the lazy days disappear behind the hazy blue-gray mountains, I sadly must say good bye to summer camp and get ready for another school year. Ho-hum. I hardly feel like I had a summer at all at this point.

::disappears back into the cabin to begin packing my trunk for home::

No comments:

Post a Comment