Friday, July 31, 2009

Bubble ~ Bubble ~ Toil and Trouble

Game #6 is afoot. (All my answers and guesses are listed in purple.)

My first potion guess, with the ingredients of Powdered Moonstone and Syrup of Hellebore is the Draught of Peace.

My second potion guess for what to use when someone has been petrified is the Mandrake Draught.

More to come later as the clues are revealed.

** Update **

My third potion guess for what potion you would use to hear nothing but nonsense would be the Babbling Beverage.

I'm confused on the fourth potion. The question asked what potion Fred and George TOLD Lee Jordan to use after testing the Fever Fudge. I found LOTS of references to Lee Jordan telling the twins about Essence of Murtlap ... but that is NOT what the question asks. Additionally, I found that the Fever Fudge is with the Skiving Snackboxes and when you bite one side of these "treats" you need to bite the other side for the antidote. But, does that mean the other side is a potion or part of the fudge itself? Here is where I am stuck on symantics. If Jordan tells the twins to use Essence of Murtlap in their Fever Fudge to get rid of the boils, then perhaps the antidote is the other side and did the twins tell him to eat the other end??? Hmmmm .....

Guess that leaves me with a combined answer ... the Essence of Murtlap/Murtlap Essence which is used on the other side of the Fever Fudge. (Hope that counts!)


*** Update *** again ***

Okay, I guess we aren't getting any more clues ... so I suppose I'd better come up with some potion guesses. As our headmistress did post a list of potions in her trunk, I'd have to say the following are the other three I'm going to list and hope I'm making the right decisions!

Wit-Sharpening Potion
Shrinking Solution
Mrs. Scower's Magical Mess Remover



No comments:

Post a Comment